Old 30-09-2010, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Frogs

"Kathy McIntosh" wrote
During a conversation about the weather in work, I happened to mention
that when it rains, one of my cats has a habit of bringing frogs in, which
then take refuge in their water dish. Someone remarked that they didn't
like frogs because her Grandfather would stick his fork through them if he
found them in his greenhouse. I said what a shame, think of all the good
they could do [thinking of them eating unwanted bugs]. The general
opinion was that you *don't* want frogs in your greenhouse, but no one
knew why.

So, why not?

Well, whilst frogs are not as common as they used to be around here, I've
seen some dead ones with Red Leg ( Aeromonas infection) when I find a toad I
usually put them in my greenhouse.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden