Old 30-09-2010, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default New Garden equipment for your use

On Sep 29, 4:07*pm, Newbie wrote:
In article , Frank

wrote:

: I received a Garden Weasel as a gift and found it practically useless
: for the lawn. *Gave it to Good Will.

What do you use for tilling/dethatching/aerating?

In a perfect example of mission creep, I started out by expecting to
find mechanical dethatcher and aerator for around $20-$30 each, then I
found Grass Stitcher for $100, and now I am reading about Mantis which
will probably add up to $500-$600 for all attachments. *

Not really sure what makes sense in the long run for a 1000 sqft lawn.
I looked at the soil and it seemed quite compactified. Lots of brown
areas, although thatch is not too thick.

A small rake when I need to dethatch. I've never aerated.
I believe in minimum maintanence which means frequent mowing with
mulching mower, little fertilizer and water.