Old 30-09-2010, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default New Garden equipment for your use

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:12:55 -0500, Newbie wrote:

In article
,
Frank wrote:

: A small rake when I need to dethatch.

This is the part that has me confused. I thought a rake merely collects
loose debris, whereas thatch needs to be cut? A rake wouldn't cut it?

You are correct, thatch can't be raked with an ordianry rake, in needs
cutting with a thatching rake, which has blades, or picked/ripped out
with flailing tines, like the mantis attachment. What Frank is doing
is raking up mowed grass clippings left by his mulching blade... not
smart... those should be left there to compost, he's defeating the
entire purpose of a mulching blade.