Old 30-09-2010, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy McIntosh Kathy McIntosh is offline

Default Frogs

On 2010-09-30 08:43:54 +0100, harry said:

On 29 Sep, 23:47, "Kathy McIntosh" wrote:
During a conversation about the weather in work, I happened to mention
th

at
when it rains, one of my cats has a habit of bringing frogs in, which
the

take refuge in their water dish. Someone remarked that they didn't lik

frogs because her Grandfather would stick his fork through them if he
fou

nd
them in his greenhouse. I said what a shame, think of all the good the

could do [thinking of them eating unwanted bugs]. The general opinion

was
that you *don't* want frogs in your greenhouse, but no one knew why.

So, why not?

--
Kathy

One can only conclude that your grandad was a nasty ignorant man.

It was not Kathy's grandfather who was at fault. Speaking of 'nasty and
ignorant'........

It's ok Sacha, and thanks. I've already replied to him. He obviously jumps
in with both feet without reading posts correctly. A bit like some people
in one of the other groups we both visit :-}

--
Kathy