Old 01-10-2010, 03:04 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
Again, I've no camera for it, I'm afraid.

It's long and black and thin - similar kind of shape to an earwig. But with
a pointy bit on its bum instead of pincers, and oddly red legs.

They are quite ... evil looking things, really. And they have wings
(transparent) and they fly kind of similar to a wasp if you catch them out
of the corner of your eye.

Anyone any suggestion what it could be? I don't believe I've ever noticed
anything quite like it before.

--
Hi,

It could be a Cleg, it is approximately 3/8 " long, black outer casing on wings, red body and legs and red head. It is quite thin approximately 1/8", it can give a nasty bite. Does this sound anything like what you saw!