Old 30-09-2010, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default New Garden equipment for your use

On 9/30/2010 10:45 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:12:55 -0500, wrote:

In article
,
wrote:

: A small rake when I need to dethatch.

This is the part that has me confused. I thought a rake merely collects
loose debris, whereas thatch needs to be cut? A rake wouldn't cut it?

You are correct, thatch can't be raked with an ordianry rake, in needs
cutting with a thatching rake, which has blades, or picked/ripped out
with flailing tines, like the mantis attachment. What Frank is doing
is raking up mowed grass clippings left by his mulching blade... not
smart... those should be left there to compost, he's defeating the
entire purpose of a mulching blade.

No, not raking up. Think of it as scratching, baring some ground for
over seeding. I don't do the whole lawn or rake up clippings.
I just could not find a use for the Garden Weasel and it was taking up
garage space.