Old 01-10-2010, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default OT opening Kilner jars

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I always have a problem opening Klner jars, the type with a glass lid.
Releasing the vacuum can be a PITA, the problem is one can easily chip the
lid or bottle rim. Has anyone found an easy fool proof way of opening them?

Don't know much about Kilner jars but thinking about it
there can't be a complete vacuum in them or they would
implode, so try immersing in warm/hot water and the small amount
of air in there would expand making the lid easier to remove.

I may be completely wrong but it's a thought and worth a try ??

Wally