Old 01-10-2010, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

wrote in message ...
In article ,
Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

On a Yugoslavia holiday we saw two young lads walking into a bar in the
reception area, their eyes riveted on the floor.
When they got nearer we saw they were following 4" long milli/centi/pede
gliding along at a human walking pace.... Spooky!

I was thinking of those.

I find those quite cuddly, but I did grow up with ones that size or
larger :-) The same is true of fairly large spiders, of course,
but I am phobic about them (for reasons I know).

There is nothing but big spiders that freak me out. I blame in on my
grandfather.
When I was very small I used to accompany him everywhere when he did his
gardening. I'm sure he got fed up with it and one day when I was in the
greenhouse with him, he said to me "you see that little boiler over there?
(it was a rusty unused little stove in the greenhouse) Me: "Yes" Him in
an evil voice "well, there is a spider as big as robin in there."
I can't remember whether it was before or after I asked him "what is that is
that plant?" and he said "mind your own business"
I was a sensitive child and I fled back to the house, crying. My
grandmother marched down the garden to confront him - he got away with that
one, it was called that, but I never told her about that spider that was as
big as a robin.

Tina