Old 01-10-2010, 10:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Fig Brown Turkey

FiveMins wrote:
My fig plant is new this year, growing as a standard & I have been
pleased to see fruit on the tree. Unfortunately, something appears to
have been trying to steal the figs & in the process has broken the
stem & all the new growth is now on the floor, along with the fruit.
Have I lost the plant or is there something I can do to retrieve it?

No, if it is otherwise healthy it will recover. Figs put up new stems all
the time in the growing season. Just trim of the broken bits now and feed
it next spring.

David