Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Fig Brown Turkey

"FiveMins" wrote in message

My fig plant is new this year, growing as a standard & I have been
pleased to see fruit on the tree. Unfortunately, something appears to
have been trying to steal the figs & in the process has broken the stem
& all the new growth is now on the floor, along with the fruit. Have I
lost the plant or is there something I can do to retrieve it?

David is right, the stem will recover, but you could use the branches or
even branchlets from the broken bits to take cuttings. Figs grow very
easily from cuttings - they arent' fussy aobut soil or anything that I've
foudn - I just shove them in an old pot in whatever sandy potting mix I have
to hand and next spring there is another plant.