Old 02-10-2010, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default OT opening Kilner jars

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I always have a problem opening Klner jars, the type with a glass lid.
Releasing the vacuum can be a PITA, the problem is one can easily chip the
lid or bottle rim. Has anyone found an easy fool proof way of opening them?
--

IME, it's often that the lid is glued on by dried syrup. I usually put the
neck area under a hot running tap for 15-30 secs to remove any excess. Then