Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Grape vine ID

On 2010-10-02 21:09:16 +0100, Rusty Hinge
said:

I had my first vinyard when I was ten - I didn't plant it: when we
moved into a new and much bigger house and garden I was allotted a
patch and a potting-shed. On the patch (which I later found had hosted
a greenhouse) and weaving through the laurel hedge I discovered a vine
- probably Black Hamburg - and one of my first actions when the crop
was good enough (I was about thirteen then) was to make a quantity of
wine.

It was surprisingly good for a non-winemolishing grape.

Sigh...and so young, too.........

'Sallright - I haven't growed up innit.

--
Rusty