Old 04-10-2010, 10:22 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post

Composts which at the moment are worse than useless IME. How good for the
planet is me planting all my veg seeds, only a few weeks later to throw it
all away and start again with new seed and new compost. Zero germination or
very weak plants is all I got.
I'm really puzzled with your experience. I've been using non-peat compost for over 10 years, for vegetables, ornamentals and cacti. The quality is now excellent and I certainly can't recognise your description of "zero germination or very weak plants".