Old 04-10-2010, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default OT opening Kilner jars

In message , Rusty Hinge
writes

The only exception I can think of is the potato-sharpener with the
rocking blade - which is lovely, and only takes off a very thin slice -
except that I only rarely sharpen potatoes.

I have one which probably dates back to when we were first married
(1959), and is still serviceable and sharp. I tried numerous ones
which appeared to be the same design, but just didn't work, - blade to
stiff to swivel, or cutting edges not subtly aligned. I was
terrified that it would be lost or stop working properly!

Then a few months ago I found that Morrisons were selling a range of
black handled implements which included one which worked just as well if
not better. I still keep the old one just in case . . .
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply