Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Prize vegetables and peat.

In message , Mike Lyle
writes

Seconded. And preserving peat-lands has nothing to do with so-called
"PC": it's just a matter of intelligence. We had somebody here a while
ago apparently equating protection of limestone pavements with this
so-called "PC" as well: it's a dangerous attitude, and shouldn't be
encouraged. Caring for these sensitive natural features is simply
rational, regardless of one's political stance -- and I'm sure the Duke
of Edinburgh agrees with me!

After many walks in the Yorkshire Dales I can confidently say that the
best way of preserving limestone pavements is to carefully place glacial
erratics on top of them. These would protect them for millions of
years. :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply