Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Onions in storage problems.

Anyone else having a problem with their onions in store this year? I ask as
ours are going rotten at an alarming rate and we have never had that problem
before, ever. They are being stored as usual, in plastic mesh crates so the
air can circulate around them and they seemed as dry as usual before
storage.
The Stuttgarter Giants we grew have almost all had to be thrown away and the
Sturons are also suffering but nowhere near as badly. A lot of our red
onions have had mould growing on them as well as rotting internally.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden