Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Onions in storage problems.

Pete wrote:
No problems here - I find the stringing or platting storage techniques give
the best results.
I would not consider plastic crates satisfactory for long term storage -
handy for transportation
and initial high temp drying only.

Mine are all plaited or stringed. My neighbour swears by ladies' tights.

I've found I'm also an awful lot more likely to bother using them if they
are in view in the kitchen! Being in the vegetable drawer (which is now
empty as things either sprout or get forgotten about and turn to rock!) or
even worse, out in the summer house, it's just Too Much Effort. But if
they're right there and looking at me ... !