Old 07-10-2010, 08:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default what would you do with soybeans?

"Ross McKay" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 20:13:31 -0400, Bill who putters wrote:

I've made it but not in the last five years. Too bland .

Bland or not, still the best way to eat soybeans

But bland sounds like either you froze / thawed before cooking, or
hot-dip pasteurised it. Fresh cooked tempeh should taste like mushrooms!

Soybeans just aren't that interesting, IMHO. I prefer to make tempeh
(and miso) from other beans that are either more convenient (e.g. chana
dal and split fava beans -- tasty, easy to come by and very little
effort required) or more flavoursome (black beans and borlotti beans
make the tastiest tempeh!)

But if you've got a pile of soybeans ...
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"There is more to life than simply increasing its speed." - Gandhi

I was gonna say soy beans give me serious gas. But I do eat miso paste and
make jap fish soup. I bought an old miso book about a year ago, I think it
was the book of miso. but decided buying it was way easier.

But you say make your own miso??Or tempah. Care to expand on that
statement.