Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Onions in storage problems.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Our problem with stringing or simply hanging them all up is the weight
pulling on the roof, we use a lot of onions, grow a lot of onions, they
are not small, and they normally last almost all year. This year they
certainly wont last until Christmas (only 11 weeks!).
--

Yes - ours are going fast too - mainly as support contents for home - made
soups.

You could avoid much of the stress on the roof, by suspending the strings
from wall fixtures.

This is the method I adopt, but I only perhaps have a relatively small
amount as compared with you.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com