Old 09-10-2010, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default I was promised an Indian summer today

"Christina Websell" wrote ...
I was reliably informed from the weather people that the temps would be up
to 23c.
Not so here in Leics. It was 12 according to my thermometer in the
garden. Grey overcast skies and very windy.
At least it didn't rain.

In view of the forecast we decided we aught to "do" Westminster Abbey ( and
a walk around the area) as we have never done it before, yes it is dreadful
considering we live only 17 miles away. Wonderful day, used our free bus
passes for a change so the journey was interesting too especially for me as
I'm usually the driver and don't get to see anything other than traffic, and
our friend used the Parish free pass to get us in (£15.00 normally, £12.00
concession). Not as sunny and warm as forecast but dry.
A word of warning, last entry into the Abbey is at 1.30 on Saturdays and
the garden is closed ATM.
The Jewel Tower opposite the Palace of Westminster is interesting but not
much to see if you are not National Heritage members, i.e. have to pay.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden