Old 10-10-2010, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Leeks

"Baz" wrote in message
I grew my Musselburgh leeks from seed then planted them out in June.
They are still only pencil size.
This is my first attempt growing leeks and feel they should be much
bigger.
They are in the middle of a now bare patch which I had onions and garlic
and I am digging around them for next years sowing or planting of
brassicas.

Question is should I dig them up to save digging around them if they are
not going to come to anything?

You are very fortunate if they don't have any disease. Everybody on our
allotments has had some virus or other penetrating their leeks and onions.
We've had to take ours up even though they're only 1 cm dia. If they're
doing well, I'd say don't dig them up, just make sure they have enough
water. Give them time.

someone