Old 10-10-2010, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Leeks

Baz wrote:
I grew my Musselburgh leeks from seed then planted them out in June.
They are still only pencil size.
This is my first attempt growing leeks and feel they should be much bigger.
They are in the middle of a now bare patch which I had onions and garlic
and I am digging around them for next years sowing or planting of
brassicas.

I planted my seeds in February and then accidentally left them in the
greenhouse until the start of August! At which point they were a bit wimpy
and straggley, and for a few weeks they stayed tiny, then once all that rain
came down, they've definitely perked up a bit.

Have yours been getting enough water?