Old 11-10-2010, 01:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Booth Snr[_3_] Frank Booth Snr[_3_] is offline

Default Raspberry Varieties

On 2010-10-10 18:26:35 +0100, Frank Booth Snr said:

I'm considering orderong some new canes. Does anyone have some advice
on recommended simmer varieties, particularly regarding flavour? Any
varieties that are overrated? I live in the SE.

Regards

Frank

We bought some Tulameen raspberries this year and liked them so much
we're going to get canes for our new fruit cage.

Interesting. Not heard of them. They seem to be a late summer (Aug
fruiting) variety but have a good write-up. Glen Moy, Glen Cova and Glen
Ample seem 3 popular varieties that I have come across. Are these all
much of a muchness?