Old 11-10-2010, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Leeks

"Baz" wrote
I grew my Musselburgh leeks from seed then planted them out in June.
They are still only pencil size.
This is my first attempt growing leeks and feel they should be much
bigger.
They are in the middle of a now bare patch which I had onions and garlic
and I am digging around them for next years sowing or planting of
brassicas.

Question is should I dig them up to save digging around them if they are
not going to come to anything?

If they look healthy and are slowly growing don't worry. Ours are not much
bigger this year, goodness knows why, but they will get big enough to crop
eventually.
Incidentally, we plant out leeks where the Allium bed is going to be the
next season so by the time they are getting big they are in the right place
if you see what I mean.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden