Old 11-10-2010, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Leeks

Baz wrote:
Similar story here but the broccoli was a bumper crop (as were all
brassicas). Wonder why yours died?

Weak plants and not enough water when they were young, I think.

Biggest success this year in our garden were broad beans, peas and
outdoor tomatoes.

Oh yes, my broad beans did well. Annoyingly, my overwintering broad beans
are now in flower! :-(
Guess I did them too ealry;. Wonder if there are any pollinators out
there?

Failures were runner beans, sweetcorn, beetroot and greenhouse tomatoes.

What happened to your tomatoes?

Dont know how the autumn digging is going to go because of all the water
at the bottom of the garden, its a bit scary never had so much since we
moved here 9 years ago, bearing mind that the hosepipe had to be used in
May, June and July if I remember correctly.

Was digging potatoes yesterday, the soil is excellent for digging atm.