Old 11-10-2010, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Would this composting idea give me problems?

On 11/10/2010 15:32, Baz wrote:
Martin wrote in
news

Are you sure you want to move this sort of bulk material around? Might
be a lot easier to compost it in situ (or burn) and take the ash as
fertiliser. Clearing bramble, nettle, ivy scrubland I tend to favour a
hit of glyphosate followed a few weeks later by torching it when
tinder dry (putting in appropriate fire breaks). Ivy being so waxy
survives glyphosate but it doesn't last long in a fire.

Not taking the p*ss here Martin but how do you get away with burning?

My garden. Under control. Tinder dry it doesn't even make much smoke
though I only burn stuff when the wind is blowing away from the village.

I can even burn real coal we are not in a smokeless zone.

If I have my lighter too high for my ciggies I could be fined or worse.

Sounds like you live in a town or city.

Regards,
Martin Brown