Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Phil Williamson

Default planted tank lighting

The tank is a long one.. are the prices on ahsupply.com in US funds?

Phil..

"Cannibul" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:17:29 -0500, "Phil Williamson"
wrote:

I have a 20 gallon tank with a few live plants in it now that are growing
slowly since I only have 15watts of lighting on the tank.. How much

would i
need to get my plants to grow at a reasonable rate? Also, is it worth
building a DIY light system or is it just best to buy a new hood and duel
light stripe?

Phil..

First off is your tank a 20 long or a 20 high? Once you figure that
out head on over to www.ahsupply.com and get a upgrade kit. I would
look at a 55 watt kit for either tank. You will be very happy with
the amount of light you get. Be prepared to add fertilizers every
couple of day and do a lot of trimming though.