Old 11-10-2010, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Leeks

wrote in
:

How odd. Did they go for a long spell without being watered, perhaps?
My GD are lovely - I just picked a handful at lunchtime and ate them
almost straight from the plant!

Yes very odd.
Since I posted to this thread it reminded me to find out why.
It seems that after last year I did not clean out the greenhouse properly,
and I did not clean it out at all and might have dormant pests!
Last year was my first with my own greenhouse and what a pleasure it was
that first year being ignorant.
I hope thats all it is.
BTW I call it a greenhouse, and I suppose it is, but its only small 6' by
2'6". and apart from starting off seeds it is used solely for tomatoes.
Its a lean to if you know what I mean, purpose built not homemade.
Oh and yes they were watered.

Just at the end of outdoor gd's now and they are so good arent they.

Baz