Old 11-10-2010, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel rbel is offline

Default Stihl garden power tools ?

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:13:31 +0200, Hugh Jampton wrote:

Getting just a little fed up with cheaper garden tools - Wife's *second*
Bosch cordless hedge trimmer packed up today - only a couple of years old
:-(

Looking at Stihl/Viking. Silly prices but are they worth it ?

TIA.

From my experience, after using some of the Stihl/Viking kit for several
years, yes they are. Started off some years ago with a then top of the
range B&D hedge trimmer but after a couple of years of struggling with our
100+ metres of mixed hedgerows and numerous mature shrubs, I followed the
advice of a professional gardener used by some of our neighbours and tried
a Viking trimmer. Much impressed with it I added a long reach Viking the
following year - again very impressed (Viking trimmers now re-badged as
Stihl). After two of the more expensive Karcher pressure washers, both of
which failed due to split pump housings, moved to a Stihl which has so far
lasted longer than both the Karchers.

I am lucky that the best, relatively local, (South Devon) Stihl dealer has
so far given me better prices than anything available online.
--
rbel