Old 12-10-2010, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Would this composting idea give me problems?

Gordon H wrote in
:

I've lived in a smokeless zone since they were first introduced, but
there were exemptions made a) for 30 minutes initial firing up of
furnaces etc, and b) occasional burning of garden rubbish.

Has that been changed, or are yours local byelaws?

Good question.
I just know that a few years ago a workmate was reported by a nosy
neighbour for having a small bonfire and was hauled into court and fined.

Surprisingly permission is required even on Nov5th.

Baz