Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
redled

Default Hydrocotyle verticillata

I'm just gonna get rid of it. My cories are digging it up anyways as it
doesn't root very well in my tank. I don't know if it's possible to make it
nice and thick (hard to tell in that picture) but if it is I assume it will
take more work than I'd like...

In article , "SteveG"
wrote:
I tried my hand on this but I let it grow vertically. Mine did not
appreciate high temperatures. Best grown in colder tanks 77F.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/chart...s/photo68.html (This isn't
my tank but it has a pretty thick groth of pennywort.

"redled" wrote in message
I think this plant is sometimes called pennywort.
http://www.tropica.com/productcard_1_popup.asp?id=039
Has anyone successfully used this as a foreground plant? I was persuaded

try this as a foreground plant by my LFS about three weeks ago and so far

I am
not satisfied with the results. I have it in a 55gal with DIY CO2 and

160W of
lighting. This plant is not noticably growing at all and does not look

very
good. I think it would look good if I could persuade it to become much

denser
but I don't see this happening. If someome else has used it and made it

look
nice, I would be very interested in hearing from you. Pictures of a nice
setup would be very helpful. If it seems other people haven't had luck

with
this I think I will scrap it and look for another plant (too bad I can't

find
glosso or riccia!).

__
"Insert witty comment here."