Old 12-10-2010, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Would this composting idea give me problems?

Martin Brown wrote in news:m4Wso.5318
:

On 12/10/2010 10:24, Janet wrote:
In ,
says...

You will be surprised how fast it goes in 2m loose filled cubes.

You reminded me, it's useful to get hold of those cubic-metre
strong woven sacks with handles for mechanical lifters, that sand and
building materials are delivered in. The sacks used to be returnable but
no longer are allowed for re-use, so builders give them away.

We use them for transporting garden material.

I think the OP could do so too with considerable advantage.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Thanks to Janet for the suggestion. My friend suggested those too, but if
you mean those really big bags that the builders' merchants deliver loose
material in, they are too big to get off the premises when full. We're
going to have to use lots of rubble bags (the dustbin-sized ones, I think.
As we have to hail them up a narrow alley to get to the van. They'll be
easier to hoik into the van, too. An'd easier to get out, single-handed at
the other end.

Yes, I do think I'll make use of the chippings. I'm going to buy a
shredder. It will pay for itself just on this job alone, I think.

Al