Old 13-10-2010, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Would this composting idea give me problems?

On 13/10/2010 12:14, Gordon H wrote:
In message ,
Janet writes
In article ,
says...

Council re-cycling dumps usually prohibit the dumping of "invasive"
plants!

I thought that was just Japanese Knot Weed?
Janet

Anything I don't or can't shred goes into my brown bin.
They even say we can put kitchen waste in it now, but I don't, nor would
I buy compost from the council. Yukk!

Depends on the kitchen waste - veg peelings and egg shells are OK. I
compost more stuff than our council allows in green bins and use my
green bin for composting leaves for leaf mould (which takes two years).

I would never put fat or meat on the compost heap it encourages vermin.

Weird useless factoid. Salford's "green" bins are shocking pink!

Regards,
Martin Brown