Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Brian C. Attwood

Default DIY Yeast method materials...

wiggywacker wrote:
Do you think it's ok that the outlet of the co2 concoction gets piped into
the inlet of an air pump?

That's what I've just done today...can't find an easier way to get the co2
into the tank otherwise. Actually I've used two pieces of tubing out from
the bottle and it rests underneath the air pump near the inlet, and I
removed the air filter too to give easier intake.

The powerhead is internal =/
But I've ordered a special valve that will suck air and mix it in a chamber
with the water from the outlet, and it will jet very fine bubbles into the
aquarium...so I think I can do it with the co2 going into the valve
directly. The valve is called an "Air Ventura" from Juwel
www.juwelaquarium.de

The problem I see with air pump approach is that if you dilute the CO2
with air, you are going to reduce the amount that diffuses into the
water. If this is just a temporary measure until you get the venturi
adapter for your powerhead, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Using the venturi valve to inject pure CO2 (without additional air) into
the tank would definitely be better than using the air pump.

Brian