Old 14-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Owdboggy Owdboggy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jason View Post
All the nurseries here have cultivars and hybrids, and I
want the real thing.

The real thing has wide drooping deep-green leaves.

Someone I know has the real thing in her garden, and I want
to take a sample and propagate it.

What do I do? Will a single leaf propagate successfully and
how do I do it?

Please help, P
Two choices really, you either dig up the clump and divide it, replanting the divisions OR you take seeds and sow them. They are not hard to gorw from seed, but they do take some time to reach flowering size.
Not sure what you mean by 'single leaf' but they are bulbous plants so you do need to get one of the bulbs.