Old 15-10-2010, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Cat Scarers

Alan wrote in :

In message , Frank
Booth Snr wrote

Simple solution. Train your cat to use the toilet..

Er, it's the animals belonging to other people that is the problem. If
responsible cat owned trained their cats there wouldn't be a problem but
the majority of cat owned are irresponsible and expect other to clean up
the s**t from their pets.

Yes thats the problem.
I dont own a cat, never have and never will do.
In my experience cats seem to toilet on newly disturbed soil.
I am the only vegetable gardener in our close and there is always some soil
disturbance carried out by me, digging crops, weeding etc. so I get all the
local moggies scratting and scatting in MY garden on freshly dug earth.

All the other residents have flower borders and lawns that get hardly any
soil disturbance other than a little weeding in the borders which is easy
to check over for poo, and after all how many people eat flowers?

I wonder how many burried heaps of poo I havnt detected have been feeding
my vegetables, SHUDDER.
The owners dont care, in fact I have seen them watching their pet doing the
dirty deed.
I am not on a downer with cats but I dont want their mess in my veggie
plot, and strangely no laws have been broken meaning I have to spend money
so that the owners can let their pets spread their disseases on my land.

If the cat scarers dont work then its back to looking and collecting up the
foul stuff in bulk every day hoping we are not eating it with our crops we
have lovingly grew.

Baz