Old 15-10-2010, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Hedgehog. A tale of woe.

In message , Bill Grey
writes

On 2010-10-15 00:47:20 +0100, chris French
said:
Hmmmm not sure about the insurance being a waste of money. We cancelled
the insurance on ours and one ran out in front of a car and required
nearly £1k worth of treatment!

Accidents such as you've quoted are very upsetting as well as expensive,
however quite rare.
Over the eleven years I've been paying insurance, I shudder to think how
much I've coughed up!
Now I'm saving in separate a acount the amount the Insurance company wanted
me to pay.

Bill

Many years ago my mate's dog (big daft retriever) ran into the road and
caused a van to swerve to avoid it and finish on its roof.
The cost of any injury to the dog was the least of his worries, and he
was lucky not to be sued for injury/damage to the van driver.

After that the dog was kept under close control.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply