Old 15-10-2010, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Cat Scarers

Sacha wrote in :

At our local seed merchant we bought a netting type electric fence to
put round the chicken coop. Perhaps you could try one of those? If
you know the owner of the cat fouling your ground, collect up the poo
and return it to them. Get a powerful water pistol.

Hello Sacha
I have a SuperSoaker (very pwerful water gun) but have only had the chance
to use it a few times because most of the fouling goes on either when we
are not at home during the day because we all have full time jobs, or at
night and beleive me we have tried but hardly a sighting.

I tried returning the poo to the owner of one cat and he called me a
nutter, and did it a few times with no result. This advice was given to me
by the police after a different neighbour became violent towards me for
asking him to stop his cat fouling my garden.(our next door neighbour
phoned the police because he feared for my safety)

As far as I can tell there are 5 cats in the area fouling, maybe more but
how to find the owner is anyones guess, and to be honest I feel very unsure
of myself in dealing with cat owners now.

An electrical fence would cost thousands to cover the perimeter here, and
we dont have that kind of money at the moment. Just paying our way is the
objective right now. Thought we bought wisely with this house but we just
get even these days. Couple of years ago we were in negative equity so when
things get a little better we could maybe buy a smaller hovel :-)

Thanks for the suggestions though.
Baz