Old 15-10-2010, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Cat Scarers

Sacha wrote in :

I wonder if there's a water pistol that would be set off by movement!

Good idea, after a quick search have found some things which may fit the
bill. Good idea will let you know when I have had a good look.

Could you could just protect your veg. patch with the fence?

Apart from a bit of a lawn our whole garden is a veg patch so it is not
economically viable, and even if it was why should we spend money like that
to stop a lot of selfish pet owners facing up to the fact that they are
responsible for their own potentially poxed cats spreading their disgusting
mess. They KNOW that the animal is above the law and can drop its filth
anywhere it pleases.

I'm afraid that I'm at a loss to
understand cat owners who think their animal's habit of bringing them
little 'presents' in the way of dead mice, voles and birds, is somehow
attractive!

These people baffle me too. The moggy plays with tham first I have heard,
and then kills them! And not to eat either, just for pleasure.
How sick.

Baz