Old 15-10-2010, 09:16 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila View Post
How did this year go? I have got fine healthy leaves, and I am going to
protect them as I did last year, they are proving as stated, that they take
3 years to flower! I have found seedlings underneath one in the ground,
and I am going to have to protect them from frost this year I think, they
are about 4inches tall, what do you suggest?
Hi sheila, one point of interest, living in Cornwall as I do, I am surrounded by agapanthus as they do very well down here!! There is one problem and its that even seed taken off white plants often have a high proportion of blue ones amongst them (ref Mendels initial work on hybridisation) So, Im just interested where you got the seed as, they may not even be white ?? I grow and sell hundreds of blue ones but to ensure that the white ones are indeed white, i now rely on vegetative propagation only!! If you bought F1 hybrid seed then they should be ok but remember, plants grown from the seed of these will only initially throw 1/3 that are white. Just a point of interest ??
Best Wishes Lannerman