Old 15-10-2010, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Hedgehog. A tale of woe.

In message , Jake
writes
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:10:11 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

Many years ago my mate's dog (big daft retriever) ran into the road and
caused a van to swerve to avoid it and finish on its roof.
The cost of any injury to the dog was the least of his worries, and he
was lucky not to be sued for injury/damage to the van driver.

After that the dog was kept under close control.

A lot of home insurance policies now seem to cover liability for
accidents caused by a dog - both my current and last insurers said
that taking that clause out of the policy wouldn't reduce my premium.

That's annoying when you don't have a dog.
Like the car insurance risk when you keep your car in a locked garage
rather than leave it at the kerbside.
Sorry, that's drifting even further off topic...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply