Old 15-10-2010, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Larry Stoter[_2_] Larry Stoter[_2_] is offline

Default Cat Scarers

Christina Websell wrote:

"Larry Stoter" wrote in message
Baz wrote:

6. Many white cats are congenitally (?) deaf (which shows that many cat
breeders know as much about breeding cats as Crufts and dog breeders
know about breeding dogs). If your particular problem is a white moggy,
you may find that ultrasonic scarers don't work ....

Yes, many white cats are deaf, so the scarer will not work on them, but you
are hardly likely to have lots of white deaf cats in your garden, are you?

Cats being territorial, I was making the specific point that, in this
case, if the nuisance is a white cat (which was not specified), an
ultrasonic scarer might be a waste of money.

I take exception to your opinion about cat & dog breeders and more so about
Cruft's judges.
You know a Cruft's judge personally? I do, and she has the highest ethics
in the world otherwise she would not be my best friend.
Tina

I didn't say anything about Crufts judges and have no doubt that many of
them are responsible and ethical people ....

However, if dog and cat breeders are so good and ethical, why do so many
breeds have problems with congenital diseases - like white cats being
deaf, red setters having hip problems, bull dogs having breathing
difficulties, etc?

And why do (did?) Crufts breed standards require dogs to be mutilated?

Larry