Old 15-10-2010, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Corporal Jones[_2_] Corporal Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Lets have a few harvest discussions

On 15/10/2010 17:20, Baz wrote:
Instead of the bickering.

I will start the proceedings(if i have spelled it correctly that is!)

We have loved the outdoor tomatoes.
Thats nearly it.
To be honest we have eaten just about everything grown, apart from the
later crops, carrot included in later crops, parsnips, swede, brussels
sprouts and err leeks.

My name is Baz but my wife calles me Gunner 'cos i'm gunner do this and
gunner do that. OK. that didn't work.

Come on and humour me, lets get a proper thing going.

Baz

Tomatoes coming out of my ears, always plant too many in the greenhouse,
turned them into lots of ratatouille and polonaise sauce.
Still lots of Cucumber to eat, pickled quite a few but with the salad
leaves, radishes, carrots still growing looking forward to stews in the
winter, salads can get boring after a while.
All my apples dropped of the tree this week (Worcester Pomain) need to
turn them into something soon as they do not last long.
Still picking the Beetroot for salads, will have to pickle them soon as
the season gets on they get too old for salads.
Did not grow any Leeks this year as short of space although I love them,
planted Onions instead & a very good crop it was, just spent the last
hour stringing them up

Another Baz

--
Corporal Jones