Old 15-10-2010, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Squirrels

You should not have told them to leave them, they are vermin and should be
dispatched!

Alan

"Corporal Jones" wrote in message

Had the tree guys come round today to trim the one in the front garden,
call it the Ivy tree because it is absolutely covered in Ivy but I leave
it that way for the birds to nest in & overwinter, very popular tree for
the birds.
Anyhow they knocked on the door halfway through the operation to tell me
that they had found a Squirrels nest in there with 4 yelps in? presume he
meant young, told them to leave them alone & work around them.
I was amazed that at this time of year Squirrels should be raising young,
is this normal?

I usually get squirrels nesting in the tree's in the back garden but in
the spring, & I don't need anybody to mention tree rats & are better dead.
I have a green garden & no I enjoy meat so not a veggie, just use a bit of
logic for the visitors, Badgers, Foxes, Wood Pigeons, Muntjac, Squirrels,
Doves, mice & the odd feral cat - easy solution - feed them so they have
no interest in destroying the plants.
Just amazed that Squirrels should raise young so late in the year.

Barry

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"