Old 15-10-2010, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Cat Scarers

On 2010-10-15 19:24:57 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in :
snip

Your irresponsible is someone else's pet. and keeping 6 cats or more
isn not yet illegal. Cats are not considered 'controllable' in law.
Causing unnecessary suffering to an animal is illegal and suggesting
the use of poison because anyone doesn't like others' pets is
disgusting. It's to be hoped next door's noisy, whining, screaming
child doesn't wander in and pick it up....in an urban environment.

Then it is time the law is changed, so that cats are considered
uncontrollable and the owners are accountable so that no child would be
accidentally poisened.
It is I agree disgusting to try to poison but not everyone shares that
point of view and will continue I think until the law has changed.
Why have an animal as a pet if it is uncontrollable?
Surely the word uncontrollable indicates that the animal should not be a
domestic pet and should be governed by law.

Baz

In this instance, 'uncontrollable' appears to be interpreted as can't
be confined to one garden. Not as "is a ravening beast intent on
wrecking the lives of others by doing what comes naturally". IOW,
don't blame the cat. Or the wandering child.

Yes, just got a bit carried away.
Not controllable and uncontrollable have 2 different meanings.
Ok. I arent the sharpest knife in the box and have difficulty reading and
writing but I know I have misread the control bit. My mistake.

Baz