Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Haywire

Default planted tank lighting

I did it for the 1st time when I set my 27G up after I had the 20G stable, I
planned on doing the 20G to at least 40W, but the dammed fish in the tank
laid eggs and started raising fry and are about to do it again.

one thing I found out was that the ballast for the CF is quite small I
recall it's about 7 1/2" x 1" x 3/4" , I assume that the rapid start ballast
in the marineland tank is similar in size. The CF bulb is wider than the
18W you have, but is about the same height.

As far as the wiring and stuff goes it's quite simple.
hey, I just noticed cogeco, what part of Canada?

"Phil Williamson" wrote in message
Yep, that's the canopy I have.. Would it be hard to change the ballast in
the existing light? I've never done anything like this before..

Thx,

Phil...

"Haywire" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
how much room do you have in your existing canopy? I assume it's a
marineland 20G kit right?

You could probably get ballast, bulb and clip for a 40W compact from a

local
electrical supplier for less than $50 cdn, and replace the existing bulb
parts with the new CF ones.

"Cannibul" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:11:26 -0500, "Phil Williamson"
wrote:

The tank is a long one.. are the prices on ahsupply.com in US funds?

Phil..

"Cannibul" wrote in message
.. .

Yes.