Old 16-10-2010, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Lets have a few harvest discussions

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:26:59 GMT, Baz wrote:

David in Normandy wrote in news:4cb8b814$0
:

On 15/10/2010 19:52, Judith in France wrote:

I've been here, I think, 14 years and I don't think I have ever
seen anyone complain about anyone's spelling, so there!

I have a glut of Tomatoes, many different varities. I have made
chutney and pickle but I still have enough to feed the 5,000. Next
year I will plant less.

That should be spelled "varieties" ;-)

(Only teasing)

Noted, but you know, some of us just do not know how to spell.

Don't admit to that or you'll end up being Vice President of the USA!

A former work colleague always used to go on about her wonderful
rhododendiums and her antirhinoceroses. I simply can never remember
the names of half the plants I have in the garden, which makes things
very difficult at this time of the year as I can never remember what
to prune and what not to prune and until I can remember what something
is called I can't look it up in a book.

The other 'alf caused quite a stir in the local last week by
announcing that we had loads of crabs this year. But I can't remember
what the crab apple variety is and whether it's possible to use the
fruits to make something or not.

I must be going sterile or something. Or is that "scenic"? I can't
remember.