Old 16-10-2010, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy Chickens

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
What are you using against red mite?

Well, to start with we used the red mite powder (which was vile, and I
could
smell it everywhere!). Then Nick steam cleaned the nest box, which got
rid
for a while, but then they came back.

Since then there have been peripheral things done - wiping out patches of
them when found, adding extra garlic to their water, etc, but I have
nagged
him to steam clean them again, etc, and he hasn't.

It's possible he's been doing something else for them which I've forgotten
or don't know about, but as far as I know, he's not done anything recently
that could have got rid of them, hence assuming it must be the weather.

I have none now because I sprayed 50/50 Dettol solution into every crevice
every week x 6. That did for the little blighters