Old 17-10-2010, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Happy Chickens

"Baz" wrote in message

We used 20% Dettol(bought a cheaper brand actually) to 80% water once this
year in March and the mite has gone and not returned.
Red mite powder makes me baulk!
We only have 6 chickens all hens(or layers or pullets or whatever yo want
to call them)Rhode Island Red.
(Our resident nym shifter Pete will no doubt be pulling me for my
spelling)

( au contraire - I detect a marked improvement- pity you will not be able
to see this though)

They give us at least 4 huge eggs per day so I think they are a fairly
happy brood.
I am told that as the birds get older they give a smaller egg and fewer
too.
Can we use the oldies for the table and get new young ones? Or have I got
the wrong end of the stick.

Baz