Old 17-10-2010, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Borlotti Beans

Just before I went away for a couple of weeks, I picked some almost dry
borlotti and shelled them, put them in a tray to dry in the greenhouse
and forgot them!

The beans are clearly quite dry, but they have turned from a creamy
white + purpleish red colour to a pale coffee colour + purpleish red!
BUT only on the top, the bottom is still the expected colour.

I think they may have a sun tan!

However does anyone know if they will still be OK for keeping and eating
(not for seed).

Ta

Roger T